Abyssal Deadspace is an area of isolated space. It was added to the game in the Into The Abyss expansion that went live on May 29th 2018. It was further expanded in the Onslaught expansion that was released on the 13th November 2018.
Layout and Combat
Once you enter the pocket, look for and kite / kill Dissipator, Nullcharge, Starving, and Firewatcher type ships first - these neutralize energy.
Next priorities are Spearfisher, Anchoring, Nullwarp types since they scram your MWD. Next targets are Renewing, Plateforger, Fieldweaver (logistics). Dead last are Entangler, Tangling, Snarecaster & Wardens- these web you. Aforementioned are the default priorities, which are abstract.
As you practice, it'll become apparent that which types are present / how many of each there are defines your effective priorities.
With an MWD, remember - kiting is good! If you're not sure what it does, keep it at 23-30km so your missiles can reach but their specials can't. Treasure your capacitor as your timer since** you convert cap directly into time by using your MWD**.
It's good practice to wait until your cap & shield are at >80% before gating to the next room: slowboat it to the cache / gate if you messed up and got neuted. Heat your launchers to:
(1) Kill capacitor neutralising NPCs
(2) Near the end of the room - repair while they reload, and mostly during your cap/shield recharge phase at the end of each room.
Your launchers are much better at hitting drones than your drones, so as soon as you take out logistics, split the DPS - drones on Cruisers and up, missiles on Frigates.
T4 Localized Weather Selection Guide:
- Gamma is an excellent starter. Sure, more NPC shield equals a slower clear - but this Gila fit's DPS guarantees you will never run up against the timer. The overkill tank Gamma grants to a recharge / extender based fitting gives you enough headroom to make multiple, severe mistakes and still survive as you go through your first few filaments. Even if you let 2-3 BCs ramp their disintegrators to max and get cap neuted to hardener shutdown, you'll live.
- Once you're used to the rat names/types from practicing on Raging Gammas, you can refine your positioning and kill strategy. Order of priority is below:
1)Exotic further exacerbates the kinetic hole and is #1 on our tier list: it's the fastest.
3) Gamma is #3 on the tier list - while the tank overhead is nice for beginners, it results in slower runs.
4)Firestorm is #4 because the NPCs have more HP, so it's still slower, but you don't.
5) Dark is last since your drones hardly hit anything.
Okay, you picked out and bought your first few raging filaments. Here's what you'll see inside:
Each abyssal has 3 pockets: each pocket will always have rats, a triglavian cache (where all your loot is - NPCs don't drop anything), and an exit gate (which unlocks after you've killed everything) and may also contain these effects & structures.